[HFbeacons] Re: HTX-100 Frequency Knob

  • From: WJ5O <wj5o@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Howie AC4DJ <ac4dj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 22:56:40 -0600

*Howie,

I've had two like that...it's the encoder which is no longer available..... I changed the first one out while Radio Shack still had the part available....---The second one I replaced from a "junker" that I had in the junk box..... I don't know of any sub.... I tried the one from the old HR 2510 version but it didn't fit.

73 Bill WJ5O*

On 12/8/2013 7:20 PM, Howie AC4DJ wrote:
Hello all on the reflector..I just picked up another HTX-100 for 10.00 at a yard sale..radio works in all respects and has been running my beacon today. Has full power of 28 watts on CW which I lowered back down to 20 watts through the high power adjustment pot and added a cooling fan for the heat sink.

The only problem with the radio is all the buttons work for selecting the frequency but the dial control has no response. Turning it does nothing..Its not a big deal as I can use the buttons to set the frequency and lock it.

Has anyone had experience with this problem ? AND A FIX ? not to much on the internet except for mods which I do not see on this radio as it looks untouched. I have a 100 AH deep cycle marine battery installed though a 50 amp diode from the power supply which will keep the radio and keyer up during a power failure and prevents the battery from getting back in to the PS.

Thanks and 73

Howie AC4DJ