[HFbeacons] Re: Fwd: [10Mprop] Weekend logs

  • From: Jay Jensen <ve3sws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 22:58:50 +0000

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the report!  You are right - Pretty darn strange conditions.  We are
176 miles apart...  I would think backscatter would be the only way you could
hear me.
Good DX!
73 - Jay - VE3SWS

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 17:53:16 -0500
From: va3xcd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HFbeacons] Fwd: [10Mprop] Weekend logs

    Hi everyone,
Interesting propagation on 10M this weekend...at least for me. Even have
a few QSO's today, and heard Jim, N2NXZ across the lake. Tried to work
him on SSB but he could not hear me. I sent some CW which I think he did
hear though, but not sure, as when he was talking back to me someone
from the midwest talked over top of him to me.
I also heard a beacon which I did not think I would hear, not only once
but twice, and also heard another close to me beacon, both of which
surprised me, and lead me to think they were backscatter. Here are the
lists. Callsigns are in no particular order:

Saturday Nov 5 2011

13:30Z
OE3XAC
DL0IGI
K5GJR
LA5TEN
F5ZUU
F5ZUM
EA4Q
K5AB (I have a pipeline to this one)
OK0EG
XE2ES (Horiffic keying.....just brutal)
WA7LNW
SK0CT

21:30 Z

VE3SWS (never thought I would hear you Jay but alas....I was shocked)
XE20
VA5LF
VE3TEN (the other surprising one)
LU4JJ
LU5FB
LU1FHH
PU2SUT
K3FX
N7MA
K5GJR
PY2AMI
N1FSX
W0KIZ
KX5TX
K5AB
KD0GZJ

Sunday Nov 6 2011

14:45Z
VY0SNO
OE3XAC
K5GJR
W0KIZ
N1FSX
KX5TX
N5YEY
KG4GXS
K5AB
XE2ES
KD0GZJ
OK0EG
WA4ROX
SK5AE

2200Z
VE3SWS (Two days in a row Jay)
XE20
VA5LF
VE3TEN ( This and VE3SWS MUST be backscatter?)
LU4JJ
LU5FB
LU1FHH
W6WX (All 4 levels)
W6CF
K5GJR
PY2RFF
K6FRC/B4
N6FSX
W0KIZ
K6FRC/B2
KX6TX
N7SCQ
KG4GXS
PY4MAB
K5AB
KD0GZJ
WA7LNW
N8PUM
W6NIF
K6FRC

That about sums it up......but both good lists for me. All were heard on
the Softrock Ensemble and the 270' horizontal loop at 25'

73
Bill
VA3XCD