[HFbeacons] Re: BEACONS - 10m Fall/Winter Sporadic E begins when?

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:08:21 +0000

Hi Don & All.  Keith here in Amherst, NY

Nominally the 'Winter' E-Skip season starts around the 1st of December and runs to maybe the middle of January. It's a real crapshoot, some years we don't seem to get any Winter E-Skip up this way and some it's as good as late June all over again.

My 45+ years experience says that the Winter season is better for 6 Meter E-Skip than 10 Meter E-Skip. Maybe the active F2 layer interferes? Could be but I have never seen any study on that, it's just a thought.

Any opening is a good opening, I'll take DX however I can catch it, hi!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox

On 11/21/2011 20:02, Don-kg4gvv wrote:
*Monday