[HFbeacons] Re: Active beacons

  • From: WJ5O <wj5o@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 15:15:26 -0600

*Bill,

Pretty difficult to tell.... I do know that many that list continuous operation often are only intermittent....Difficult also because actual ten meter propagation is mostly unknown and very unpredictable. I do monitor the band everyday plus read all the reports on numerous postings from DX Summit to ten propagation.....about five spots.....

I wish there were some way to determine who is really active...... I do still list uncoordinated "pop up" beacons almost forever even though I know that after my "friendly" message they often disappear....

73 Bill WJ5O*

On 12/1/2013 10:12 AM, Bill Riches wrote:

Good morning Bill,

Just curious, do you have a wild guess on what percentage of 10 m beacons on your list are actually active?

73,

Bill, WA2DVU