[Haywire Robotics] Robotics - Great News

  • From: Sue Stahlecker <suestahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haywire-robotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:02:33 -0700

Great things are happening with the Haywire / LiveWire Robotics team.

As I walk around the shop observing and talking to team members and coaches,
I can report that the robot is progressing quite nicely.  Everyone appears
to be working quite productively.
There is a LOT of work to be done in a small amount of time.

Some GREAT news:  I just found out that *SIMPLOT* has given us $1,000. !!!
Yeah.  Thank you Mrs. Gower (a former parent) for initiating that.

More GREAT news:   Mr. Albert Tay (Shane's Dad) has graciously volunteered
to mentor the Web Design group.  He will bring in some awesome expertise!
Thank you Mr. Tay!!!
Web Design Members please make sure that you attend Thursday night's meeting
(Tonight) so you can meet with him and start planning how you will build a
fantastic web site.

Just a Reminder:  Our Regional Competition is in Sacramento, CA on March 16
- March 19 (Wednesday through Saturday).  We will leave early Wednesday
morning and return after the competition on Saturday evening - Arriving in
Pocatello sometime on Sunday. More specific details to follow as the time
draws near.
Your $200 is due to Mrs. Ellis by February 1. (Please note that this money
needs to be paid to the team whether or not you plan to participate in the
competition in CA.)

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Mrs. S