[Haywire Robotics] Introducing the forums!

  • From: Fengchao Xie <ziplineexpress@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haywire-robotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:32:27 -0700

Hey all.

   - Annoyed with the listserve, and receiving public messages that were
   supposed to be private along the lines of "Hey, I'll bring muffins!"?
   - Wish you had a place dedicated to the teams, away from the rest of your
   personal life and your inbox?
   - Find yourself losing messages and missing out on important
   announcements?
   - Never able to get robotics off your mind, desperately searching for
   something to write your ideas on before you forget them?

Swing by* pocatellorobotics.freeforums.org*. It's the cool place to be. It
might even replace the listserve entirely... [?]

We've laid the foundation for a highly organized, intuitive, and
professional discussion center about anything and everything robotics -- and
maybe some other stuff. You'll notice you cannot see anything besides the *news
forum* and the *rules post* as a guest. This is for both privacy and the
fact that you should *read the rules post!* In it is not only the rules, but
there's also a crash course in *BBCode*: the stuff that separates forums
from Instant Messengers and E-Mail.

There's one thing above all else we must stress, however: *please *register
with something resembling your real name. It doesn't have to be your whole
name, just something that allows the other users to easily identify you.
This allows us moderators to easily deny access to anyone we don't want in
our forums, and makes things easier for everyone.

Once you've registered, you'll gain access to all the other boards. If you
have no idea of what to do with your newfound freedom take a look at our
boards -- the Web Design forums located in the Brain. We've already set up
topics where we can freely share ideas, website revisions, and useful links.
If you have something you need done -- for example, if the programmers need
their boards to be made private -- don't hesitate to ask. We've grouped
groups as we've seen fit; if you disagree with where groups are located,
that can easily be changed.

Likewise, if you have any questions or any complaints or just simply
feedback, don't hesitate to shoot us a Private Message on the forums or on
our email. (please not through the listserve! My email is
ziplineexpress@xxxxxxxxx)

We haven't forgotten you either, coaches, mentors, and parents! These forums
are for you too. Participate in the discussions, start your own, and create
your own newsposts and important announcements as you see fit. If you need
elevated privileges we would be fine with granting you access to them and
teaching you how to use the forum's moderation tools.

See you on the forums!

PNG image