[hashcash] Re: dogleg mail routing

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:15:21 -0500

Atom 'Smasher' wrote:

hhmmm.... what would happen if an "open relay" where configured to only relay messages with valid stamps?

i doubt that it would be subject to much abuse, if any.

I was trying to avoid the term "open relay" because folks are understandably allergic to it. I figured dogleg mail routing was a candidate for a better name for the same thing. maybe the term anti-censorship routing would be better

But in thinking about it as I was walking the dog (with four doglegs), and that the only necessary stamp is have a stamp created for the dogleg router. Any other stamps would be aimed at the recipient and not necessary for the dogleg router.

so, if someone wants to work with me dogleg postfix configuration, I will put up a server with dogleg filter and people can try it out.

---eric

--
Question: What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
Answer: George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War.