[hashcash] Procmail Problem

  • From: Steve Crook <listpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:20:46 +0000

Since upgrading to hashcash-1.16, I've become aware of an issue with
hashcash not validating the token when executed through procmail.
Unfortunately I upgraded from v1.13 so I'm not exactly sure when the
problem was introduced, or even if it is a hashcash problem or something
else.

Procmail Recipe:
:0

When I fire an Email through this recipe, I get the following log:
procmail: Match on "^X-Hashcash:"
procmail: Executing
"hashcash,-cqXdp,1d,-b24,-f,/home/mail2news/hashcash/hashcash.db,-r,testing"
procmail: Match on "hashcash -cqXdp 1d -b24 -f
/home/mail2news/hashcash/hashcash.db -r testing"
procmail: Executing " ~mail2news/bin/multipost"

The Hashcash header on the Email is:

Nothing is logged in the hashcash.db for this message, which suggests
that hashcash rejects the invalid header, but the procmail action is
executed.  Any suggestions what might be causing this?