[harbor] Re: Java?

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 02:48:26 +0200

For the application of Java technology, I believe giving Java developers a windows system is more productive. For the development of technology, a developer will need linux, let em choose what they like, if they are at the level, they will know.
If a developer doesnt know linux, forget about it...

Theres a geeky club approach and a pragmatic cost efficient approach...
If a developer doesnt know linux, its probably means at least 6 months of time versus the cost of XP professional. I dont think that is even worth comparing... give them a budget for another box and let them play with linux at home.
The real linuxians do ;)

Same applies to the server side... linux is better there, if you have someone that has done time already.

Every single good open source technology worth mentioning, like postgres for example... also does windows. Any system that (with a little thought) that you design on windows will move to linux...

Its the magic of Java....

Have fun...
The only real POJO Application Server.