[hammertimeprojects] Hammer Time! News 11/20

  • From: "Hammer Time!" <hammertimeprojects@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hammertimeprojects@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uproot@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:53:12 -0700

Hammer Time! is a collection of projects that provide people with accessible
information and resources used to responsibly create and obtain what they
want. As of now we are host to a Tool Co-op, Free Store, Infoshop, Free
School, Documentary Nights, Community Garden, and more!

News! (Check hammertimeprojects.org/calendar
<http://hammertimeprojects.org/calendar%20>for up to date happenings)

1) Updates
2) Special Events!
3) Documentary Nights
4) Free Schools
5) How to Volunteer
6) Wish List

--

1) Updates***
Garden Work Parties - Composting

*One 90's Dance Party Down! One to go!*
*Damn! Last Sunday folk got down at the vault to Cindy Lauper and Kriss
Cross while raising $250 for HT! People were sweating through tights, break
dancing, and I think I crowd surfed at one point. Everything went off
without a problem and the Vault let us know we are welcome back any time.
Thanks for going nuts ya'll

And for those of you who missed it don't freak the All Ages version is this
weekend at the Hideaway Bakery underneath the Alley Cat this Saturday
11/20/10 at 9pm.
*

2) Special Events!
**
*90's You Tube Dance Party*
*Sat, Novemeber 20th @ The Hide Away Bakery (underneath the Alley Cat)*
*$2, All Ages*
Oh damn it's better than Oregon Trail day in computer class! IT'S THE 90'S
YOU TUBE DANCE PARTY! Dig out them Air Jordans and leggings and let's get
down to some Ace of Bass in front of a big ass screen!

Also it's DOLLAR WELLS NIGHT and the cover that goes to Hammer Time! is only
a couple bucks.

*Game Night*
*Sun, November 21st 6pm* *@ Hammer Time!*
bring board games, card games, dice games, DIY games and your pretty little
selves and lets get nerdy!

This night is open to whatever YOU wanna play. If you have something
specific you can't live without playin, post below and league up!

kids 4 life.

*Bike Porn!*
*Sun, November 21st 9pm* *@ Hammer Time!*
*$3-5, Adult Only*
"Bike Porn is a touring film festival of shorts exploring the eroticism and
sexuality of human-powered transportation. Screening this radical and
explicit content in group settings creates a safe space for exploration of
boundaries and obscenity so that we may establish our own standards, rather
than centrist culture imposing their standards upon us. Though Bike Porn we
aim to break taboo, provide a forum for emerging artists to screen their
work, and facilitate cultural acknowledgement of fringe communities."

or simply,

"an evening or DIY bicycle eroticism, provided by bikesexuals the world
around"

*Mobile Breakfast
Everyday @ 10am for Thanksgiving break*
We will be picking a new house to have breakfast every morning! Feel free to
come by and eat!
*Sunday* – Hideaway Bakery 10am
*Monday* - 135 Mathews St apt #2 (frozen foods center)
*Tuesday* – Karens
*Wednesday* – HT! 1000 E Laurel St
*Thursday* – 5pm THANKSGIVING FEAST 135 mathews Apt #4
*Friday* - 809 Smith St

*Turkey Cabaret
Sunday, November 28th 7pm @ HT!*
-7pm Vegan Potluck
-8pm The Show Begins!

Turkey Cabaret is a variety show. We will have:
-Live Music
-Turkey Calling Contest
-Poultry Slam Contest (Poultry themed poetry)
-Comedy, Theater, and Dance
-Acrobatics
-Chinese Yo-Yoing
-Games

If you want to perform 3-5 min. piece of anything, please email Rachel
Singer at keylimedancer@xxxxxxxxx or on Facebook.

Together we will explore the true history of Thanksgiving. The story that
they wouldn't tell you in 4th grade. Can you handle the truth?

Best costume gets a prize! Wear anything that could possibly fit the theme.
Go for stupid and/or sexy!

3) Documentary Nights
***
Documentary Night: Canary Effect
Tues, November 23rd @ 8pm*
2006 documentary that looks into the effects of that the United States and
its policies have on the Indigenous peoples (Native Americans) who are
residents.

*Documentary Night: Yes Men*
*Tues, November 30th @ 8pm*

4) Free Schools
*None for Thanks Giving!*

5) How to Volunteer
Volunteer Meetings - We strive to have everyone participate in figuring out
the direction of the projects and how to get them done. Come learn more
about the space and how these decisions are made. Meetings are every Friday
at 6pm.

Regular Volunteers - a "regular" volunteer can pick a 4 hour shift out of
the 2 per day between 12-8p on mon, wed, and sat. peeps can either volunteer
getting  stuff done or just doing homework, working on your own projects,
reading infoshop books, cruzin the internet, etc while folks are perusing
the shop. We ask that ya'll come to a few meetings and work parties before
you become a regular volunteer as to learn about how the place operates.

Outreach - One of the most important parts of the projects are letting
people know we are here. A few ways to help out is to hand out/post fliers
and posters, volunteer/create special events, and spread the word! Email us
at hammertimeprojects@xxxxxxxxx to know how you can specifically help.

Stop By! -  ‘nough said.

Donate a few bucks -
www.hammertimeprojects.org/contribute-2<http://hammertimeprojects.org/contribute>
 <http://hammertimeprojects.org/contribute>
 <http://hammertimeprojects.org/contribute>
6) Wish List
-Solar light to light front sign
-Bad ass door mat for inside
-Folders (like the open up with two pockets one either side)
-Big throw blanket/sheet for couch
-Shelves for free store and storage
-A cheap pick up truck
-Tools/Materials of all types (pile of wrenches, decent wood, hardware...)
    *especially -* an “A” shaped latter, jigsaw, router, planer, reciprocal
saw
-Rad books
-Volunteers!

Hammer Time! Projects