[haiku] willingness for gsoc 2011

  • From: satyarth sharma <sharma.satyarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:35:29 +0530

Hi all,

I am satyarth, a pre-final year student of Mining Engineering, IT-BHU,
India. I wish to work on
1) adding EHCI isochronous support for usb 2.0 and higher
2) uvc driver
 in GSOC 2011.
About me:
I am a self taught programmer with robust skills in C, C++ and posix. I have
hacked few things here and there though I can't cite any credible previous
experience in FOSS development. I first heard about haiku and BeOS a year
ago while searching for an alternative OS. I have used gnu/linux for about 3
years and am passionate about free software. I know that as of today I
possess very rudimentary skill (i.e. kernel and driver development)  as
required by such a task but I believe I can be tenacious enough to
compensate for my lack of experience.

I am currently taking help from
:http://api.haiku-os.org/usb_modules.htmland trying to understand the
currrent uvc driver as in here :
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/media/media-add-ons/usb_webcam/addons/uvc?order=name.
I am also reading Linux device drivers, 3rd edition for reference.

May I also enquire about the tentative mentor for this project. I was asked
to take help from mmu_man(François Revol) in the irc but I haven't been able
to reach him. I request you to point me in the right direction for these
projects. I am willing to work with all my heart for haiku.

Regards,
Satyarth
IDD-Part IV
IT-BHU