[openbeos] Re: wacom pen tablet support

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:57:47 +0200

Hi Charlie,

> > Is this device supported by Haiku´s wacom driver?
> >
> > WACOM BAMBOO ONE MEDIUM A6 USB
> > CTF-430/S-EN
> >
> > (the cheapest model)
>
> Works okay in Haiku under VM Ware. Didn't have time this morning to
> check with my desktop but I should be able to at the weekend. FWIW the
> Bamboo seems to be almost identical to the trusty old USB Graphire
> which has been supported since Sander Stoks wrote the driver, at least
> the pens are interchangeable although the newer nibs seem to wear
> pretty fast.

the Haiku driver is not based on the one by Sander Stocks. It's originally from
Olaf van Es, rewritten by myself with contributions for additional models by
Frans van Nispen. (Hope I didn't misspell any names...) I know there is also
Sander's driver, but AFAIK, it was never open source. It does have the nice
preflet though, but unfortunately never worked for my devices.The Haiku driver
has the problem currently, that the anti-jitter filter has tweaked values for
my Intuos2, but gives too much jitter for a Graphire2. Hopefully I can figure
something out eventually.

Best regards,
-Stephan