[haiku] unsubscribe

  • From: jan moerman <jan_moerman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

please unsubscribe

thanx,

jan

--- On Wed, 3/23/11, satyarth sharma <sharma.satyarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: satyarth sharma <sharma.satyarth@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [haiku] willingness for gsoc 2011
To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 7:05 PM

Hi all,

I am satyarth, a pre-final year student of Mining Engineering, IT-BHU, India. I
wish to work on
1) adding EHCI isochronous support for usb 2.0 and higher
2) uvc driver
 in GSOC 2011.

About me:
I am a self taught programmer with robust skills in C, C++ and posix. I have
hacked few things here and there though I can't cite any credible previous
experience in FOSS development. I first heard about haiku and BeOS a year ago
while searching for an alternative OS. I have used gnu/linux for about 3 years
and am passionate about free software. I know that as of today I possess very
rudimentary skill (i.e. kernel and driver development)  as required by such a
task but I believe I can be tenacious enough to compensate for my lack of
experience.

I am currently taking help from :http://api.haiku-os.org/usb_modules.html and
trying to understand the currrent uvc driver as in here :
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/media/media-add-ons/usb_webcam/addons/uvc?order=name.
 I am also reading Linux device drivers, 3rd edition for reference.

May I also enquire about the tentative mentor for this project. I was asked to
take help from mmu_man(François Revol) in the irc but I haven't been able to
reach him. I request you to point me in the right direction for these projects.
I am willing to work with all my heart for haiku.

Regards,
Satyarth
IDD-Part IV
IT-BHU