[haiku] Re: state of the fat32 fs driver

Thank you Sean and Jerry for your responses. There may still be an issue with ext2fs support in that it may not properly read ext4 drives (just a guess). there seemed to be a runaway process when reading a large (250g) drive. a fsck from linux (xubuntu) repaired all the problems, so no loss.. If you want, I can try to recreate the problem on a spare drive. But someone would have to tell me what data to send you guys to help fix it..
Jimmy
Feb 8, 2012 08:40:34 PM, haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM, <SMC.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8 Feb 2012 at 21:07, Jimmy wrote:

> Hi all,
> can sombody tell me how stable the fat32 support is in the latest dev (gcc2hybrid) builds. I had
> some fs corruption using alpha3 build and want to start using Haiku more w/o rebooting.
> Jimmy

It seems better since a few months back, I don't know what got fixed but it was sometime
after BG or during, I noticed that fat32 stopped having problems. I use fat32 all the time,
never any problems that cuaght my attention, though ymmv

Sean

Both Fat32 and NTFS support are sound.  I've had no errors after Alpha 3 was issued.  The problems I had were on the Alpha 2 release.  The major link to those problems had to do with mount points.  I resolved the problems by simply making sure all deletions were purged before I dismounted the drive.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.