[openbeos] ps2_hid problem

  • From: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:13:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

our ps2 input driver has a problem. The change that Michael Lotz made to get
his keyboard
working at Begeistert now prevents mine from working. I confirmed that
reverting his change
http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/input/ps2_hid/common.c?rev=14349&r1=12498&r2=14349
will make my keyboard work again. But that can't be the solution.

I'm using a ps2 mouse and keyboard. I fixed some smaller issues yesterday
(ringbuffer and input server),
but this had no effect on the main problem.

When ps2_hid is compiled with DEBUG=1, mouse and keyboard do work. :-(((

When compiled without debug, the keyboard works as long as I don't move the
mouse.
Once I move the mouse, the keyboard stops working, and the keyboard interrupt
is no
longer generated. However, a mouse interrupt is not generated at all (I added
dprintfs there).

I can also confirm that it does not get stuck in the *_probe() functions and
both *_open() functions
do succeed.

One minor strange thing is that input server opens keyboard and closes it
again, then opens it
for the second time, but this shouldn't do any harm.

I don't know to fix the problem, already spent many hours on it. There is
atleast one other
person on IRC who has this problem now, too.

regards
Marcus

Machen Sie aus 14 Cent spielend bis zu 100 Euro!
Die neue Gaming-Area von Arcor - über 50 Onlinespiele im Angebot.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-gaming-1