[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V7 #3

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:42:51 +0100

[openbeos] Re: PANIC: malloc: called with interrupts disabled

    * From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    * To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    * Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:50:04 +0100 (MET)

"Ben Gertzfield" <bgertzfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm happy to provide any more information, or a VMware suspend state,
> for this problem.

Axel replied:
> You're the second who reports this: it looks like the ACPI module
> doesn't work correctly; it must not spawn a thread within an interrupt
> handler.

Indeed.
Our AcpiOsExecute() implementation, previously named AcpiOsQueueForExecution()
in formers ACPI CAs which more hintfull, needs to use Deferred Procedure Call
mechanism, as currently done in Linux and xBSD.

I wonder if such DPC support could not be made more generic, thru a module. If
my memory serve me, I remember Be provided a "generic_dpc" module, used by USB
stack but not limited to. Such module will be cool to reuse in ACPI module
case.

- Philippe