[openbeos] Re: networking status...

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 21:43:41 +0200

Hi,

> What is our networking status?
> Can we replace R5's net server? (if we can)

We can already replace it, but the preflet is missing (you must call ifconfig
manually) and we do not have nonblocking connect(). The biggest problem is that
we are not thread-safe because we use a port of BSD's netstack, so you must
expect crashes on high load, but it works nicely for surfing around a little
bit (I did not have a crash when using our stack).
Philippe reported that Mozilla BONE is working now.
Net+ (R5 libnet.so) works well.
CVS seems to have problem when checking out the whole Haiku tree (broken pipe),
but this should be tested again.

Our stack lives in the kernel, so we do not need a net_server. But we can build
a userland net_server (i.e.: net_stack_tester) for debugging purposes.

Bye,
Waldemar