[haiku] Re: mounting BeFS from Linux

  • From: Pat Berge <bergep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:01:52 -0400

Stephan Assmus wrote:
it would be cool, if you could switch your mail client to send plain-text messages. Your mails only include the HTML.
OK I'm using Thunderbird so I picked the "Options--> Format --> Plain Text Only. It was set to Auto-Detect.
Regarding your first question, the errors in the befs module are not within the reach of the Haiku developers, unfortunately.
I read in the mailing list Ryan was working on it or was just the mentor for author.
I don't think it is 100% safe to say that the BFS code in Haiku doesn't contain bugs anymore. However, if there are remaining bugs, they are obviously hard to trigger and thus the problems are most likely synchronization issues. But BFS FUSE runs single threaded. So, while I cannot promise this 100%, I judge it highly unlikely that you will run into problems in this environment for the given reasons.
Thanks for your input.