[openbeos] Re: mkdos and DriveSetup

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 01:04:35 +0100

Sikosis <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Sure I'll test it ... I've just bought a 40 GB drive which is clean atm.

It's finished, and I tested it with initializing FAT 16 & FAT 32 partitions
already.

Try running DriveSetup from a terminal to see the output.
First partition you 40 GB drive with one large FAT32 partition, and try
to initialize it. It should fail (you can see in the terminal), but DriveSetup
doesn't report this. Mounting should also fail (only if the drive was never
initialized before)

Then replace mkdos in /boot/beos/bin with the one from
http://home.nexgo.de/your_name_here/beos/mkdos.zip

and try again. It should work, and should also support all
command line switches like the original does.

Please understand that it may still contain undetected errors, and be careful :)

regards
Marcus