[haiku] Re: innovation in OSS

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:37:09 +0200

Hi,

On 2010-04-15 at 15:58:35 [+0200], Anna Granudd <anngr105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I'm currently writing my master's thesis on the topic innovations within OSS
> and am looking at if projects participating in Google Summer of Code 2009
> led to more innovations compared to projects that did not participate. To
> find out if this was the case, I have put together a survey which I'm now
> asking you to help me answer. I was recommended by one of your members to
> try to post this to your mailing list to get an answer so I hope you don't
> mind me sending this email to this list (I wasn't quite sure which one to
> use).

This list is just the right place. :-)

> The questions are all on the web in order to be
> simple and quick to answer, please take the time and answer them as soon as
> you can (I know I would probably think "I'll do it later"' and then forget
> it, hence, please answer them right away if you can :)).
>
> The survey can be found here: http://anna.is-a-geek.org

I've tried to do as you say and went straight to your survey from reading the
mail. Unfortunately, the questions in the survey, though I absolutely
understand why you ask them, require a significant ammount of research to
answer truthfully. One would have to at least skim through thousands of
commits, since I have no good memory of what all happened in the timespan of
two years. I take it you are not just interested in new features added
because of GSoC, but all features added within the timespan.

Best regards,
-Stephan