[haiku] Re: haiku: rolling release and 3 VM

  • From: "guido tobar" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "guidotobar" for DMARC)
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:23:43 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Humdinger
I tried to add the correct repo to the VM, but I failed.
Also erase the wrong hkpg file and reboot to an old version, but I failed.

Then I made a clean new installation on the VM, using the old iso hrev49921,
This iso configured the VM with wrong repos for Haiku and Haikuports, maybe
this is the cause of

the corruption.
The default for Haiku doesn't has 'current' on the end of the URL, instead
point to 'hrev99921' folder

and the Haikuports create the long string at the end:
e8460a56b8c255e1e34e0824090005d1f7b61e6c2635b16c8a4e86e59537a5ec

For x86_gcc2-hybrid, repos are these:

~> pkgman list
Haiku
base-url:
http://download.haiku-os.org/haiku-repositories/master/x86_gcc2/current
priority: 1
HaikuPorts
base-url:
http://packages.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/repo/x86_gcc2/current
priority: 1

As you can see your haikuport repo is the correct.
By the way the online documentation has the Haiku repo outdated:
https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/daily-tasks/updating-system

Thanks for your help.

Ps: Native MediaPlayer is working good with video: mp4, ogg, mov
and with sound: flac and wav files
I downloaded Blender trailers and soundtracks to the VM(x86_gcc2-hybrid):
https://download.blender.org/durian/trailer/
http://media.xiph.org/sintel/
https://peach.blender.org/trailer-page/
http://media.xiph.org/BBB/

WebPositive still has some issues with youtube (video and sound are not
synchronized).

HAIKU IS A GREAT MULTIMEDIA OS!!!