[haiku] driver questions/issues
- From: bergep@xxxxxxxxxxx
- To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 03:15:29 -0500 (CDT)
Great job with the Haiku Alpha R1! Haiku is so fast on my old PIII based laptop. I just wanted to list my issues in hope of some simple fixes
I've been a long time UNIX user/admin and also use TuneTracker with BeOS so I would be interested in working with the developers to help fix/debug these. I've done embedded PPC Linux development so I have some basic C/C++/scripting/porting skills.
1) The epro100 driver is setting the speed to 10Mb. I have a 20Mb FIOS connection and get 20Mb downloads with Linux and Windows. Haiku downloads are maxed at 5Mb which is about right for a 10Mb connection.
From syslog:"KERN: /dev/net/ipro100/0: media change, media 0x22 quality 1000 speed 10000"
2) The PowerStatus Desktop Applet does not display anything? Need help hear to debug. Do I need APM or ACPI enabled... currently appear not implemented.
3) Is there a USB Mass Storge Device driver? -- is the "-1" in the syslog OK for the usb host controller
KERN: usb uhci -1: successfully started the controller
KERN: usb hub 2: port 0: new device connected
4) The OSS driver is showing two audio devices and output is garbled. Mixer data appears correct and functional.
/dev/oss/cs42800/pcm0 Crystal CS4280 (device index 0)
/dev/oss/cs42800/pcm1 Crystal CS4280 (device index 1)
I have CS4624/CS4297A AC'97 Audio controller supported by OSS on Linux
Can provide more details from syslog
I have a few other issues which are pretty minor I'll address later. I was thrilled that the 2D accelerated ati driver worked at 1400x1050.
Other related posts: