[haiku] Re: btc os

  • From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:54:54 +0000

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 02:37:57PM -0800, Brian Hague wrote:
>   Sorry for top posting, stupid windows phone
>
> I did a quick search in good search and found nothing about btc as an
> operating system or a type of operating system... So I'm lost too.
>
> I did however find numerous technical colleges that use btc as an
> abbreviation :P

Think it's a reference to mining bitcoins.  Is Haiku particularly suitable for
doing ludicrous amounts of hashes?

The OP makes a good point though - a robust Bitcoin/Litecoin suite with very
little overhead for the underlying OS would make a lot of people very
interested in Haiku, very quickly...

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ