[openbeos] Re: Who wants obedn.com?

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:19:58 -0700

While the interface kit team isn't anywhere near ready to start coughing
up design docs for a newsletter, I think this is a great idea as well.

Just as long as we don't use that god-awful blue background. ;)

>Hype is a great motivator - it inspires people to wait for great things
>ahead, and it pushes the developers to reach the objectives promised.
>newsletter every fortnight should do the trick, posted on the front
page
>(and archieved) for all the world to see the latest news and status
reports.
>Since we're slowly finalising our research and moulding designs, we
should
>start coding in a few weeks time, which is when the newsletters should
>start.  I suggest the first articles to be a defense of the designs,
that
>is, the first newsletter documents should be our design documents.
>
>I've emailed you privately with a list of people working on the
networking
>kit.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams