[haiku] Re: Where are desktop files?

  • From: Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:22:52 -0500

> Depending on the revision, /<volume>/home/Desktop may be hidden to Tracker.
>
> To work around this, in Terminal you can do
>    open  /<volume>/home/Desktop/
You are right, they are there in Terminal.

It seems I've needed a newer version of Haiku several times.
So, while I am at it, I might as well ask.  How can update to the latest
nightly using only a current version of Haiku and an extra USB stick?  I found
the image and iso from haiku-files and I tried just doing a copy of the files
to an empty bootable partition.  It booted, but none of the file icons showed
up.  I also though there was an installer somewhere in Haiku or the iso that I
could run from within Haiku, but where is it?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/