[openbeos] Way off topic thread: Sunday Amusements

  • From: David Sowsy <dsowsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:22:04 -0500 (EST)

> Palm is going to do just fine with wireless handhelds.
> Palm doesn't care about desktop operating systems.

Palm owns the intellectual property Be held. Palm may not
have cared about desktop OSes until the past year or so.

> We are not MS, nor will we *ever* have that kind of
> market clout.

No, but Palm has an axe to grind.
MS walked right into their "backyard" of PDA bliss and
turned it upside down with the PocketPC (which I may
add is a better platform all around).

There is nothing to say that Palm doesn't want to use
its legacy Palm Pilot user base as a point of entry
into migrating them to their own branded desktop OS,
that could be what was formerly known as Be.

Yes, it is very improbable, but Palm does own the rights to BeOS
and if they could, I can see where they would want to enforce them.

David Sowsy    .    /|\  BeOS Rebel and Coder   .  *  .
http://dsowsy.nanorevolution.com   .   *   .   *   .  .