[openbeos] Re: Unwanted e-mail

  • From: Joshua Austin <computrius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

only that email?  how interesting.. They cant enforce
that however.  because anyone could sign up with fake
information onto a yahoo account from a computer lab,
or library computer, send an email to that account,
and not be traced.  and if they cant be traced, they
cant be forced to pay.

furthermore, if this were a real legal thing, you
wouldnt be sending a check directly to the person who
owns the email address. :)  I supposed thats what
gullible people are for though....

--- troy banther <troybanther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Notice to bulk E-mailers: Pursuant to US Code, Title
> 47, Chapter 5,
> Subchapter II, p.227, any and all non-solicited
> commercial e-mail sent
> to banther-trx.homeunix.com or any domains on this
> server is subject to
> a download and archival fee in the amount of
> Five-hundred United States
> Dollars ($500) for each e-mail. Anyone who sends
> unsolicited commercial
> e-mail to troybanther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx be charged
> Five-hundred United
> States Dollars ($500) as a proofreading fee.
> Consider this official
> notification. E-mailing denotes acceptance of these
> terms.
>
> Make a bank check out to Troy Banther and send it to
> Troy Banther, 908
> E. Amazon St. (Box 10), Portales, New Mexico
> 88130-5526

=====
BeOS, kicking the ass of Windows AND Linux since 1991.

Keyboard not found.  Push F1 to enter setup.

Windows 95 is just a 32bit extension to a 16 bit shell  to an 8 bit OS made for
a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html