[openbeos] Re: Undocumented stuff

  • From: Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:26:13 -0800

We'd be doing it in the name of compatibility, which is still (last I heard, who knows what spiffy addendums have been added to the DMCA lately) OK to do.

Brian Matzon wrote:

I was going through some stuff in BeLogin, when I remebered that I monitor the input server for CTRL+ALT+DEL events, so that I may close the dialog that pops
up. I monitor the input server by doing a ' be_roster->StartWatching(msgr, B_REQUEST_LAUNCHED | B_SOME_APP_ACTIVATED);
and then in my B_SOME_APP_ACTIVATED event
I check for the app signature being 'application/x-vnd.Be-input_server' - if
this is true, I send a BMessage to the dialog containing the command to close
it.
If the OBOS release changes either the signature or the BMessage (that is the
command) BeLogin will fail. This is general for *many* applications.
This problem is also relevant in the case of people using 'hey' to script
applications - if windows/views are named differently everything will
fall apart...

We therefore need to keep the app signatures (copyright problems?)
and names of all windows/views (and all subcomponents).
Furthermore, we need to use the same constansts that Be does in there
applications/servers.

Your thoughts...

/Brian Matzon