[openbeos] Re: USB mouse and docking station

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:02:35 +0100

Hi Petter

> I'm just wondering if anyone have any idea why my USB mouse,
> connected to my  docking station / port replicator, doesn't work? I
> had the same issue with my LCD panel before, but that has been
> fixed. My keyboard, connected to the port replicator's PS2 input
> works like a charm. I don't know if this is only a USB mouse issue
> or a general USB issue. When I connected it to the computer itself
> (while in dock), it does indeed work, but that isn't very practical.
> And, the sound ouput on the dock doesn't work either, while it,
>  again, does on the computer.

It's not a bug but a known missing feature of EHCI. The transaction translator
protocol is not yet implemented. It is required to get low/full-speed devices
(like mice) supported when attached to a USB 2.0 hub (which the port
replicator very likely is). See http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1291 for some
more details.

I am currently working on different parts of EHCI like the recently added
interrupt transfer support. Two big things remain, isochronous and split
transaction (transaction translator) support. I might just get them going in
the coming weeks.

Regards
Michael