[openbeos] Re: USB

  • From: Mark-Jan Bastian <markjan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:48:55 +0100

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 11:30:02AM -0800, Rudy Gingles wrote:
> I haven't thoroughly searched, but are there any drivers or hacks to get USB
> to currently work in BeOS? I've wanted to try it out on my main computer for
> some time, but with a USB keyboard/mouse (my PS/2 ports are dead), nothing
> happens.

If you set PnP OS to 'no', the BIOS will configure your USB controller,
so that BeOS can access it. In some cases you have to do this -
notably on Sony VAIO laptops I found out.
Win98 sometimes hangs when setting it to 'no', so reinstalling that
with the new 'no' setting solved that for me....

Mark-Jan