[haiku] Trying the alpha/Video card questions

  • From: Ricardo Maraschini <xrmarsx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:01:47 +0000

Hello guys,

I'm using Haiku for the first time and I want to say to you that the
performance is something wonderful. How fast it boots! Congratulations
to all developers, you really deserve this.

Changing a little the subject, my video card wasn't detected correctly
or it's not currently supported by Haiku. I'm running here with vesa
without problems regarding performance but I can't change my screen
resolution. The max resolution that I can achieve is 1024x768 but my
lcd screen supports 1280x800.

~> listimage |grep acc
  406                 /boot/system/add-ons/accelerants/vesa.accelerant
0x83c000 0x840000    0          0
TEAM  714 (/bin/grep acc):

Viewing the /var/log/syslog file I found the following line:

KERN: Additional Video Mode (1280x800@60Hz):

My questions:
My video card isn't currently supported by Haiku?

device Display controller [3|80|0]
  vendor 8086: Intel Corporation
  device 2a43: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller

Is my bios informing the resolution in a buggy way? I read somewhere
that Haiku gets the supported resolutions for vesa directly from the
BIOS using the EDID, so I did this assumption.

What's is the meaning of the line pointed to that Additional Video
Mode? Is the resolution supported by my monitor?

BTW, I try to put the 1280x800 resolution into
/boot/home/config/settings/kernel/drivers/vesa without success.

Congratulations again and I hopefully wait for an answer :)

-rm