[openbeos] Re: Support of More Kits

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:00:44 -0600 (CST)

> >>C, C++, Java, Python and ASM, are all the languages we need on
> >>OpenBeOS.
>
> Y not LISP because it is best suitable for AI.

Lisp is terrible for AI.  Its language is too "perfect and
mathematical"  AI depends on conceptual slippability and imperfection,
which is why C++ is great for AI.  Pointer casting makes for an excellent
vehicle for conceptual slippability and the mentality of C++ programmers
is, well, better.

I think lisp is becoming less and less popular these days.  It's not
really something that anyone besides RMS builds apps in (sloooow).  It
still boggles me that the UofC compsci department teaches scheme in the
first quarter -- then again, we have a rediculously
"theoretical" department.

Isaac