[openbeos] Re: Support Kit -- XML vs BMessages

  • From: "Mikael J." <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:20:24 +0100

>Look people, we're talking config settings for the OS. When the hell
>has it become necessary for this to be cross-platform? This is an OS
>specific thing. If we're going to argue this route, then lets take it
>to its logical conclusion and drop BFS and use FAT32 (or NTFS) instead
>-- everyone can read/write those file systems.

If you ever have to deal with a flawed system where the only way of
fixing stuff is through a telnet session, you -will- appreciate XML
based settings.

But yeah, the -user- should never have to deal with settings -- that
belongs in the PreferencesB_UTF8_ELLIPSIS menu.

--
Mikael J @ http://hem.spray.se/tic_khr