[haiku] Re: Special CDs for new releases

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 20:21:13 -0400

Hi there,

On 9/6/13, Daniel Stritt <danielstritt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was just curious, having received my CD from Haiku Inc to commemorate the
> release of R1A4, I was wondering if similar CD's will be released for Beta
> 1, and possibly R1?

More than likely, yes.  Official releases will be made available in a
style similar to the current R1a4.1 commemorative discs.

Though, I'm uncertain what type of release cycle will be used for
beta. I.e., if multiple beta's are released in a short time frame,
then offering commemorative discs may become difficult.

For R1 (Final), there have been some on-and-off discussions (on
various mailing lists) about offering a product even nicer than the
current offerings.  Though, AFAIK, nothing is set in stone.

--mmadia