[openbeos] Sort of self-hosting

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:11:16 -0400 EDT

After a day of lots of news, I've got a little more for all of you...
we are about *this* close to being able to develop for Haiku from
within Haiku. It's possible to actually run BeIDE and compile programs
assuming that you've copied over all the headers, libraries, and stuff.
There are still issues with more regular apps compiling, but very basic
ones (that just like against libbe) actually compile and run. There's
even a screenshot in it for all of you. TTFN :^)

http://darkwyrm.beemulated.net/BeIDE.png  (warning: 244K image)

--DarkWyrm