[openbeos] ShowImage revisited

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <kirilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:51:31 +0100 CET

Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hehe interesting definition of bloat. The issue of bloat is whether
> the
> feature you're adding is actually useful for the core purpose of the
> app. Whether slideshows are necessary to "Show Images" is certainly
> questionable, IMHO.

This issue has been discussed before. Check the archives.

If it's supposed to show images (plural), a slideshow is not an
unlogical extension. It's probably using the same code as Next/Previous
image, so the addition is minor in terms of code and executable file
size. The Next/Previous image is a killer feature, BTW. Love it!

Bloat is a little harsh. It could definitely enable OBOS as a store-
front add rotator and similar, as long as it doesn't leak memory. :)

I guess that, in a sense, we don't want BeOS to change, yet there are
major changes we need/want, like real multi-user, etc.

/Jonas Sundström.                         www.kirilla.com