[haiku] Reducing paper waste at conferences (Was: Re: Haiku flier reprint)

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:45:21 +0100

Charlie Clark wrote:
Am 12.12.2009, 20:28 Uhr, schrieb Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:

But discussing this in more detail is off-topic for this mailing list.
What's very nice though is that Alexandre drew the attention to something
the Haiku project can do. IMHO, having flyers available for interested
people as planned (versus handing them out to just anyone), does make
sense. But I find the compromise to try and use recycled paper is the least we can do.

You're right that it isn't a suitable subject for the mailing list. The point I was trying to make, and obviously failed in, was that it is an extremely complex subject.

Well, it is an extremely complex problem... if one make it sound like it. If the discussion shifts from the original question "can we reduce the paper waste at conferences" to "how to solve the global ecological crisis". The latter is indeed off-topic, but i fail to see how the former is off-topic for this list. I mean, with who, and where should i discuss "the production of haiku fliers for conferences"? I can understand that i've been somewhat off-topicly interrupting an ongoing work, but i find it a bit insincere that some people hide behind the obvious complexity of the world instead of just saying they don't care. Business must go on :-/

Best regards,
Alex