[openbeos] Re: Post-mortems: a suggested method for continuous improvements

  • From: Vassilis Perantzakis <vaspervnp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:56:22 +0200

>What the hell are you talking about?
>
>Is Bruno G. Albuquerque the idiot that made this 'release' public
>knowledge on BeBits? Nothing has been released yet and nor *SHOULD* it
>be. Last I checked there has been no testing and verification of the
>entire tree, and yet someone has the gaul to release it to the
>public?! If you look at the Programming Teams Status review everything
>is in pre-alpha. Nothing should be released to the public until everything
>is at least beta. The last thing we should be doing is releasing buggy
>code.
>
>What the #$%^?
>

>. *  *      *   .   \|/  *      *     ,   . *   '  *  .
>.   .   *  ,     * --*--    .     `    * ,   .  *  ,  .
>David Sowsy    .    /|\  BeOS Rebel and Coder   .  *  .
>http://dsowsy.nanorevolution.com   .   *   .   *   .  .

If BeOS was a live project I would agree with you, but since Be is dead and
there really isn't much movement from the commercial side I believe that the
release of this patch (microrelease) ,buggy as it is, was a good move. I, for
one, was starting to be tired of the Team Status always being on the same
state, when clearly there has been some extra progress. I would blame those
who have left the status of the Preferences to Planning!!!! I saw code there
that doesn't show on the Status bars. And in any way, there is a uninstall
option in the patch that brings the system back. I only saw one case in the
bug database where failure to boot was a problem after installation (and that
is to be expected by even a Beta version).

And something a little out of topic. I would like to help with beta testing
anything the OBOS has that is close to release (alpha or beta). I am a
programmer my self, working on Delphi and VB - sorry, only basic C knowledge
- but I have two PC's running BeOS 5 (an Athlon XP 1700+ running the 5 Pro
edition -patched for the SSE problem-, and a Celleron 366 based mobile
computer running the Personal edition, on a 4gb partition.)