[openbeos] OpenGL Kit: Mesa 4.x BeOS driver updated

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:59:47 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

Today, Paul Brian from Mesa3D (http://www.mesa3d.org/) fame check into
main Mesa CVS tree my BeOS driver patch I sent him.
I was worrying about a hard disk failure at home, and as I didn't works on it
since several months now I thinks it was time to do some... some backup.
CVS is a backup utility, right. No???

If we had an OpenGL team, this new Mesa 4.x BeOS driver commit
could have move this hypothetic team to the middle of alpha stage.
But we don't.

Obvioulsy a software-only OpenGL kit give us nothing usefull
(Anyone run Blender for BeOS in software-only OpenGL mode!?).

Except that for R1 we need to offer a BeOS R5 libGL.so replacement,
which with this driver support in Mesa we could provide after some
small additionnal works on it (BDirectWindow support, BGLScreen support,
and traditional and beloved bugs fixes).

-Philippe