[openbeos] OpenBeOS Seti@Home Group

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:24:11 -0800

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post to the list, so please be gentle!

I have been watching OpenBeOS and BlueOS for a while now along with the
BeUnited effort, and have decided to back OpenBeOS as I seem to agree
with most choices that the team have made so far.

I have just created an OpenBeOS Seti@Home group. I am the only member so
far, but others are welcome to join!

Here is the Seti@Home home page : http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ,
and here is a link directly to the group page :

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=OpenBeOS

I thought some people who are not contributing to OpenBeOS in any other way may
want to help raise the profile of OpenBeOS and perhaps attract more developers
- it might give an estimated number of interested people too.

I have taken the group description from openbeos.org and linked to that site, I
it was OK for me to do this! If someone has a problem with this, let me know
and I can arrange to transfer the group over to someone else - I just wanted to
get it for the right reasons before someone else got it for the wrong reasons.

Thanks

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx