[openbeos] Re: On the subject of the deskbar

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Max Putas <ragemax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:12:04 -0500 (CDT)

> How about a incremental search deskbar app that could do the following
>  things: - search all files on the HD
> - search the web through google and displays the results in a similar matter
> as the first search is displayed
> - search through a specified group of data files (images, text files, ect.)
> - the ability to enter queries or non-incremental searches through an
>  advanced option.
> All of the results should be given in a list of files in a window that pops
>  up as the incremental search occurs or possibly another method of display.

Sounds suspiciously like sherlock, which happens to be one of the mac's
most spectacular disasters, despite repeated attempts revive it <I'm
prolly treading into hot water here>.

Though:  I will admit that there is a need to fix the "find" thing on
OpenTracker.  I keep searching the same term over again, (coz I'm tooo
lazy to troll through the menu for the appropriate "recent query" or to
browse the queries directory) -- and it seems like the effort gets
duplicated and the whole purpose of live queries is defeated.

Isaac