[openbeos] Re: OS Zoo

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:31:39 +0100 CET

Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since we have qemu images it might get us a lot more interest,
> especially from
> those who think it is still a pipe dream.

Maybe it's just me, but don't you think that we may had released
official images already if we had thought Haiku is ready for that yet?
:-)

I recently tried out Syllable for the first time - even though I'm an
OS developer, and know about how much work they investigated in it
already, I was pretty much disappointed by it. If I were just a normal
user, I probably wouldn't take another look at it in the next few
years.
Even the BeOS R3 Intel-Demo was so disappointing for me that I didn't
take another look at BeOS before R5.

I am okay with understatement until we really have to show something
that rocks.

Bye,
   Axel.