[openbeos] Re: Newsletter articles are needed

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:17:50 +0200 CEST

Hi Olivier,

methedras@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> En réponse à Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Here are some off of the top of my head:
> > 1) Replicants - I personally have no clue how they are used. I
> > understand the concept, but have never written one.
> I can do that if you wish: How to do a Deskbar Replicant and how to
> make it
> communicate with others apps...
> I'll be home in a couple of day, I'll only be able to start then
> cause here my
> HD crashed bringing my BeOS (and 2 months of coding !) away...

Well, I guess now you learned to do backups ;)
Has your HD died or is it still accessible? If the latter, you should
try my BFS-tools to recover its data (available on BeBits).
Also, working on OpenBeOS and putting all of his work in our CVS
repository is known to solve those issues ;-P
Good luck!

Adios...
   Axel.