[openbeos] Re: Mime Types and Paramaters

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:52:53 -0800 (PST)

Axel Wrote
> "You're misinterpreting the specs. It's not the MIME type that can have these
> additions, it's the HTTP content type. It has nothing to do with MIME types."

Possibly, but I am looking at the MIME spec not the HTTP spec.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2045

IETF RFC 2045 Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) Part One: Format of
Internet Message Bodies
Section 5
>  content := "Content-Type" ":" type "/" subtype *(";" parameter)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2046
IETF RFC 2046 Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) Part Two: Media Types
Section 4.1.2

And the IANA

http://www.iana.org/numbers.html#M
Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types-parameters
IANA Media Type Paramaters

http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-type-sub-parameters
MIME Media Type Sub-Parameter Registries: (e.g. video/raw)