[haiku] Re: Midi devices in Haiku

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 02:49:51 +0100

2012/12/17 Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:00:36PM +0100, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
>> So you think that the issue of "not working" midi input of the adapter
>> could be caused by these parameters?
>
> I really don't know, but the iCON unit is labelled as 'Class-Compliant,
> so it damn well ought to work.

If this could help you to dig/investigate about the usb midi driver,
i've found that icon midi port doesn't have the "issue" that you told
me, about the delay of initialization, present with m audio midisport,
about the fact that if you play keys on keyboard at startup, you fall
in a kdl. If i press keys on my audio/midi keyboard immediately after
startup, i don't falling in a kdl.. But the absence of this issue
could be related to the fact that currently the midi in of adaptor
doesn't work as expected.