[haiku] Mailing list delays

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:30:09 -0700

Sorry to be slightly OT, but I'm wondering if anyone else is suffering
the same problem I am here -- seeing responses to posts hours before the
original query arrives!  David Piven's post about low-memory systems
arrived 3 1/2 hours after Alexander Baldeck's quick response...

My address for the list is a 'computer.org' (IEEE) alias, and looking at
the mail header, it seems to get to (and through?) turing.freelists.org
speedily but the first computer.org server timestamp is 3+ hours on.
I can't tell whether this means that turing is holding on to it for that
time, or the receiving host is screwed up somehow.  If it's the former,
though, I'd expect it to be happening to others.  Is it?

If not, I'll get on to IEEE and see if they have a problem to fix.

Thanks.
        -- Pete --