[haiku] Re: MacBook works ISO?

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:54:53 +1000

The Intel HDA chipset on the MacBookPro is actually detected and
initialised, but I believe the problem is due to the way the mixer/DAC is
initialised.  From what I've seen on the Linux forums, the various mixers
(depends on motherboard manufacturer) are initialised and driven with
programmable signals from the driver.  I've had a quick look at ALSA (to see
which signals/pinouts to use for the MBP), but for the last 6 months I've
been working ridiculous hours, so I just haven't had the time to investigate
the issue properly.

Don't despair, there is audio at the end of THAT tunnel.

Cheers,
Zenja