[haiku] Is this video card compatible with Haiku?

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 21:28:39 +0200

Since i'm going to upgrade the video card on the main pc, i want to
buy this video card: ATI Sapphire HD6450. I want to be totally sure
that this card will be 100% compatible with Haiku (usually i run the
latest nightly builds). I will use the standard VGA port and sometimes
the HDMI output. I could also switch to DVI output.
I have also seen this ticket:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8339 but since is old maybe this bug was solved.
In anyway: this card will be also used under Windows 7, and is always
better than the onboard video card (an Intel Extreme G45). I can also
obtain some benefits with OpenGL games on Haiku? (eg also in the
future, when HW acceleration will be available).

Any suggestion?
Thank you.

Best regards,
--