[haiku] Invitation to BeGeistert 026 "Marathon"

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Development Haiku ML" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "General Haiku ML" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:23:48 +0200

Hello everyone!

The Haiku Support Association (HSA) [1] would like to invite everyone
to the 26th BeGeistert on 3rd & 4th of November 2012. The location will
be once again the youth hostel in DÃsseldorf, Germany.

For years now, BeGeistert has been the regular get-together of users
and developers of Haiku (and BeOS before that); a nice opportunity to
present the latest projects and get a direct reaction from the
participants.

Clemens Zeidler will be making use of this when he shows off the
Auckland Layout Editor (ALE) [2]. After a presentation he plans an
evaluation to gauge ALE's impact. He did that once before with
Stack&Tile, which showed a significant advantage over the regular window
management.

Another talk/workshop will be Ingo Weinhold's demonstration of
debugging under Haiku, showing the Debugger, DebugAnalyzer and working
with profiling and in KDL.

Adrien Destuges will deliver a blast from the past by showing several
BeOS programs that are being resurrected. The participants will be
asked to help by checking out, testing and categorising his little
treasures [3].

There may be more items on our agenda... we'll see.

After the weekend, there'll be a week long Coding Sprint where some of
the Haiku core devs - and anyone else interested - buckle down in
earnest to further the development of the system. This is in part
sponsored by donations of Haiku Inc., for which we're all very
thankful!

You'll find all details at the Haiku event calender [4].

Hope to see you there!

[1] http://www.haiku-support-association.org/index-eng.html
[2] http://www.haiku-os.org/blog/czeidler/2012-09-03_ale_auckland_layout_editor
[3] http://pulkomandy.tk/~beosarchive/index.pl