[openbeos] Intel Mac no PS/2 keyboard & Serial Port Bios bug

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 22:16:56 -0500

I was just reading an article over at React OS that may be of interest here...

http://www.reactos.org/en/news_page_28.html

I was trying to get Haiku booting on my MacBook, but never get anywhere. I can't select any boot options at the Haiku bootloader because the keyboard never works, and now I know why.

"Intel Mac's don't have PS/2 keyboard controllers."

I also read this:

"Intel Mac's BIOS has a "serial port" bug, it reports that COM1 exist, but no one is there physically. Two other BIOS bug are related to reading CD/DVD drives."

Regarding keyboard support on Intel Macs, I guess the only way to get these working is using external USB devices (when the USB stack is ready)? Are the keyboards and touchpads on Intel Mac notebooks out of luck then?

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA